Mittwoch, 23. August 2017

Necklace "Rollercoaster"

This necklace by Vera Baumeister was published in “Perlenpoesie” n° 32.
It has an extraordinary design, so I had to try it.


I started with the first repeating pattern following the instructions to the letter. But I noticed that I did not like it this way. I do not like these seesaws and I could see the thread on the edges between the picots in step 6.

So I decided to bead it my way. That means, I secured the three seed beads of the picots in one step above and below before starting the next element. I also connected the RAW-parts directly to the corresponding basic-element. This way I built up the necklace reducing the back-weaving to a minimum.


The necklace is very lightweight. You have to place it very carefully but then it keeps it place.

Addition: Wearing the necklace a bit longer, the semicircle parts fold to the centerline, which doesn`t look not very nice


Keine Kommentare:

Kommentar veröffentlichen