Montag, 20. Dezember 2010

Mini loops

Something that somewhat bothered me about the spring flower necklace, was that the flowers did not stand out like I wanted. My husband gave me the idea to try to make them more plastic. So I came up with the mini loops. Here, the motifs are represented not by a single pearl but by loops with 3, 5 or even 7 beads each.



During my experiments I realized that broad-scale patterns were not well suited for this technique, as the tube twists and sometimes becomes very hard and is rigid. The best combination is a basic rope with 11/0 seed beads and loops with 15/0.

Since I love open bangles, because of the easy dressing and undressing, here is another bangle with the leaf motif:



Finally, I modified the lizard motive and crocheted this necklace:



And since the necklace alone was to boring, I also crocheted the freshly hatched lizard with its egg.

Keine Kommentare:

Kommentar veröffentlichen